Saturday, August 14, 2010

I just want a dog to carry in my purse!

I love little dogs. I make no attempts to hide this fact. I love little fluffy maltipoos and itsy bitsy yorkies. I just want to love them and snuggle them and call them my own! Oh, and I really want to be able to carry them around in my purse!

After graduating from Longwood University, I moved into an apartment. Really, apartment life isn't the best for a dog...so, I got a cat. OMG! She was Satan's cat. I named her Gracie but quickly began calling her Demonia! She would attack me on a regular basis. But, she would sleep with me every night. I found a new apartment  move to which sadly, didn't accept pets. I didn't know what to do with Demonia. I couldn't take her the Humane Society because I knew what would happen to her....I couldn't just let her out the door. One of the guys helping me move, fell in love with her. And she liked him too! I told him that she was looking for a home. Demonia went to live with him. And surprisingly. they both LOVE each other.

I really missed having a pet after I moved. I tried talking to my apartment manager who is a pet lover. He never really told me no but I knew I risked eviction if the owners found out. Occassionly, I will break rules and this was one rule meant to be broken. I got a precious cat that was named Calla. We got along just fine.

About a year ago, I bought a house. I would be tempted with the idea of a dog but just didn't have time to give a puppy. I had taught Misty Cook's son a few years ago and would keep up with her and her family viz MySpace, Facebook, and Showcase magazine. I just loved the little Cavalier King Charles Spaniels that she was breeding. I picked up the newest Showcase and found an ad that I just couldn't refuse and before I knew it, I was a puppy mom. 

This blog is all about me, Calla cat and a pup who currently has no name!

No comments:

Post a Comment